The Daily Blog (2006-2007)

I view writing as an intellectual pursuit that requires much thoughts,patience,creativity and imagination.As an amateur writer,The Daily Blog is an account of my inspirations as I venture into uncharted waters to explore new horizons in literature.

Sunday, November 05, 2006

my church life, it's totally personal


Some readers wants to know whether I am christian, what I believe and my past history. So I guess it's okay if I post up what I was doing because many of my friends don't even know it.


I started going to church when I was 12 years old. My first station was SIB Satria Jaya. A small church in BDC Kuching. I attended because my brother pulled me there, where as I continued because of Jesus's love. I had a great time over there as I met a bunch of friends who today are pretty much scattered here and there I find it hard to locate them.


However, I did not stay their for very long. It was not until 9 months later, a former pastor of mine, pastor Cheli, decided to start a youth church call Bethany in Kuching. So I followed him along with a small group of youth to this vision he had. It was the beginning of a string of bittersweet memories.


I say that because I had both very nostalgic memory over in Bethany, as well as some that I would prefer burying them down in the grave of my mind.








The stay in Bethany brought me a lot of good. They taught me church politics, social skills, improved my English and granted me countless opportunities to meet different people and experience different things. They also gave me the chance to explore my potentials like never before. There is honestly no better hang out place to learn these stuffs for young people.


I stayed on in Bethany for 4 years but eventually ran out of joy. Among the things that I am pretty proud of achieving there were ----doing the OHP for over 2 years, getting counselled by the pastor, getting appointed as a youth leader and got SACKED a year later, getting blacklisted by the church as a whole and cry alone in the stairway when nobody knows. Wait!!!! Before you start thinking that I am a pervert, refer to CHEAP GRACE. And Wait!!!!! Before you think I am pitiful, don't be because you can always help by making a donation via paypal at my sidebar.





This was taken back in 2002, I wonder how many remembers




Andrew Ho! I am from Bethany Kuching, I am from Bethany Sibu, I am from Bethany Auckland! I am one of the PlanetShakers fan! BETHANY organised a concert for them and hosted 3000 YOUTHS in Kuching City! Andrew Ho! I am from Asian Youth Ambassador , which is highly affiliated with Bethany. Don't you dare criticised this church like that!







Planet Shakers Kuching 2005 Inti College




Firstly, I have already did a promo by listing out all Bethany's links, homepage, and affiliations that makes this church sounds very Vibrant. It's okay if your don't appreciate it but more people come to my blog than their website. So I did a good thing after all. Secondly, what I am doing here is merely telling you what I have experienced all this while. You weren't there when I cry, so don't try goofing around with me. I knew this church far better than many people because I totally lived there for 4 years and very few people can argue about that as of until 2006. More so, if I really want to talk bad about this church, trust me, I have more to say than this.


Yes, there were a lot of bitterness in me, yes, there were a handful of bad experiences but one of the few things that I give thanks to through the years is having the opportunity to meet and know a few wonderful people that still remain very close to my heart. I don't want to list them down because I'm afraid that my worldwide fans will be offended because I value certain people more than they. Anyway, whoever you are that manage to read until here, I LOVE YOU.


Regardless what bitter experience I had, I believe all is past and their is no reason to always hold bitter and angry in the heart. I have already learned to let go and let God, where ultimately to forgive. Yes I believe in the unmerited favour, the Grace of God that raised a lot of controversy and persecution towards we people, yes I listen to Joseph Prince and his tapes, I also believe in his ministry. Yes I know you want to stone me, but whatever it is, I love you.

I am not going to withhold my words and remain as an untruthful writer because of what certain people may think of me. Nay, I wouldn't mind to reveal my weaknesses and character through my words, because I know that none of my readers are saints after all.



I had moved on ever since and is currently attending SIB Grace. A church where people understands. Sharing with me the same faith. I have grown spiritually and I give thanks because I did not experience so for the past few years. I am very blessed to find a place which suits me better =)





The Congreation



For my fans that want pictures and autographs kindly line up at the 9Th floor of Crown Towers, 88 Jalan Pending, Kuching. Flowers are welcome but I'm sensitive to Carnation. Service starts 11.30 a.m but I should be there pretty early every Sunday.



Reference:article june 14 2006



Labels:

17 Comments:

  • At 10:34 AM , Blogger Horny Ang Moh said...

    I AM A RETIRED CHRISTIAN, DON'T KNOW WHEN TO COME OUT FROM RETIRMENT & BACK TO ACTIVE DUTY. U GOT ANY IDEAL? GOT ANY CHURCH WHERE HORNYNISH IS OK? HE! HE! HAVE A NICE DAY.

     
  • At 1:10 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    You have to repent and go to church immediately. Any church is alright generaly as long as they believe in God the Father, Son and Holy Spirit. Jesus still loves you even you're a piece of crap. I really don't want to see you burn in hell. So come to Him who loves you and gave himself up for you

     
  • At 6:48 PM , Blogger Andrew Ho said...

    he is right

     
  • At 2:21 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    man.. u change church just like club hopping.. u know... from one club to another club, grappa, soho adn marian dangdut.. to check out the chicks and music.. that is not gud.. espcially in religion.. hahah

     
  • At 2:42 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Church is not a club

    4 years is a long time to call my act church hopping

    I do not go to church to check up chicks nor music. I only hear God and His plan and purposes for my life.

    You are a pagan. Come to me, let me share to you the Gospel.

     
  • At 2:48 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    He follow the same guy from his first church,the wat pastor cheli to start another church leh, where got church hopping.....he also continued going there for 4 years b4 he changed for a better one 4 him. Where got hop?

     
  • At 3:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Jean pulled me to read ur blog.................I spoted this:

    The stay in Bethany brought me a lot of good. They taught me church politics, social skills, improved my English and granted me countless opportunities to meet different people and experience different things. They also gave me the chance to explore my potentials like never before. There is honestly no better hang out place to learn these stuffs for young people.


    Wuahahaha, your sarcastic style of writing, very deep hor........church politic,social skills and english.........you weren't complimenting, you were shooting from the very beggining. I am smart reader rite?

     
  • At 3:48 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    it's good to find a church that suits you, only by that u can grow, I'm from FGA KL =)

     
  • At 11:54 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    wow, u write like that, I'm from Acts church......shhhh

     
  • At 4:27 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I support Andrew, u use "JESUS" ----"G-SUS" as ur nick, u have just commitied profainity. The law says do not use the name of the Lord your God in Vain. So by right, I can stone you now. U totally don't understand what's real and the hard turth of life eh, if people always hide the truth, the hard truth and their voices and their experience,and what they feel or think,then wat's the point?Honouring God means hiding and avoiding ur inner-self?u know wat, andrew might not be a saint in writing this, but at least.....u hav to understand wat he has been goin trough and encourage him, rather than talkin like a creep

     
  • At 4:42 PM , Blogger Andrew Ho said...

    wow, i got gud comments here....., don worry, this blog does not preview me in real-life and I don't take heart of any of the comments. Good one bad ones, just shoot me, it's fun.

     
  • At 11:37 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    u r welcome..... =)

     
  • At 8:58 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    you faggot. i have been spoon feeding you for all these years..:(

     
  • At 9:14 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    when you are outstanding, people will always find ways to annoy you. I'm pretty much used to it =)

     
  • At 3:04 PM , Blogger cнєяуℓ тєoн said...

    =)
    It's good that you are looking things in the brighter side. There is not a single, so called, 'perfect church' here on Earth... if there is one... i repeat IF.. once you step ur foot onto that 'holy' place, it'd become holy nomore. I can so relate to ur feelings, many times i wanted to escape and leave... but many times God's hand got hold of me... all I want to say, keep up that good job... you faithful servant. =)

     
  • At 4:18 PM , Blogger Andrew Ho said...

    oh boy, after all the fuss, at last I have one sane reader that can really read and understand........thanx, God bless

     
  • At 12:26 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    andrew,please read!!

    http://www.geocities.com/shutupmanjesusisgod/EniDelievered.htm

    Jesus loves U =]]]

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home