The Daily Blog (2006-2007)

I view writing as an intellectual pursuit that requires much thoughts,patience,creativity and imagination.As an amateur writer,The Daily Blog is an account of my inspirations as I venture into uncharted waters to explore new horizons in literature.

Monday, January 29, 2007

The Gospel Of Hope

Note: There're 2 posts today, if you don't like this, resume to the more light hearted one below



Many teenagers get tired of church as they grow older. It is obvious that this too colourful world has too much to offer than the restrictions the church has to preach. Face the fact that no matter how good the church musicians play or no matter how revolutionized Christian music has become, from the transition of old hymns to contemporary planetshakers. Church music still frail in comparison with what the world has in store. Church music is boring. I stayed in a youth ministry for 4 years. Any time you walk in the room you’ll be finding a bunch of kangaroos jumping up and down singing their lungs out. While outwardly appeared to be excited, me, I’m talking about me, inwardly, I felt so bored. Duh……


There is a reason why teens get burnt out at some point of time. Even for those that served in the ministry for years. The reason is that people fail to grasp the gospel, the gospel I call hope. And preachers pay a great responsibility if not greatest. Because they missed out the gospel, they missed out the full gospel. I blame it heavily on the preachers because they serve as a mouth piece for God and they hold high accountability in a ministry. What then Andrew is this heck of a gospel you are talking about?! Now don’t you raise your voice against me. When I write you read, if you hate it, you leave. Never raise your voice against me because you are not qualified. I’m sorry, I may look like a decent boy outside but reality is that I pay respect to very few people. Especially preachers. I might look dumb when I sit down and listen to anyone blabbering. But rest assured before the sound of your voice had the chance to trigger the senses of my brain, I had already drew an early conclusion of what you are. I speak very boldly and arrogantly when I have to. Many times I don’t, but I am human.


Most churches today has appear to be a discipline school and a discipline school only that teaches people what to do and what not. They have only to tell you what you do wrong and what you should. Listen to me preach and see if you would like to agree.


”I know there are some terrible things that happened to you recently and you’re asking questions. I’m telling you that bad things happen sometimes because the Lord wants to test you. He is putting some trials and temptations to make your life harder so you’ll grow stronger. It is also a warning to you that you’ve been sinning and not listening to His voice. You are not very blessed but it is okay, if God wants to bless you he would, time will prove everything and you just have to be patience and wait. You should check yourself and see if there is anything wrong in your life first”


Before you read on, ask yourself, does that sound familiar?


If you agree with what I have just said up there, give yourself sometime, you’ll backslide soon.


Give any unbeliever that statement and see whether he wants to be a Christian.


What is wrong? You like to shout don’t you. Shout at me now, what is wrong with my statement?!


Our father in heaven, holy be thy name, thy will be done on earth as it is done in heaven, give us today our daily bread, forgive us our sins as we forgive those who sins against us, do not bring us to the test…..


Did Jesus say, do not bring us to the test? Did Jesus pray to Our Father in Heaven that He may not lead us to tests? Oh I’m sorry, Jesus prayed wrongly, it appears that He is not all that smart either, let me correct Jesus, it should be, do not bring us to the test provided that when You want to test us so that we will grow stronger Amen.


You don’t like me saying that don’t you, ooh profanity, blasphemy, stone Andrew. Crucify him.


I don’t even need to explain, those who have brains let him understand. If you’re not very smart, don’t read, please don’t. It’s not suitable for you.


How about the check yourself theory, check yourself, see your sins, correct them or it’s making you die. That’s why you’re not blessed. What is wrong with this doctrine?


Owh, I know what is wrong, Jesus didn’t die on the cross. It was a conspiracy, He was just pretending He died on the cross, dying in your place, sacrificing for you to redeem you from hell! It was all pretending. NATO, Non-Action Talk Only. He didn’t washed your sins away though it is as scarlet as blood, he didn’t make you as white as snow. No He didn’t. Am I correct, or am I just being silly.


Sometimes, the gospel I received, the free gospel that brings salvation to all men that I once heard was not so FREE after all. There’s always some requirements I need to meet. There’s always some sins in my life I have to deal with. There is always some things I need to do in order to exchange God’s blessings. When things goes wrong, it’s always me that’s not good enough therefore I have bad times.


I’ve learnt wiser, not too wise but a little wiser. I learnt not to believe in men or men’s opinion or whatever random people have to say. I don’t even read random books from random writers, self-claming that they are great people, Christians whatsoever, I don’t trust them. I write too, I know what crap can comes up.


No wonder teens get bored of church.


There is just too much dirt that need to be wiped off. There is a need for a gospel revolution.


There is a need to post a shout out, to tell people that IT IS FREE! IT IS FREELY GIVEN BY HIM, FREE! YOU DON’T NEED TO PAY A DIME, YOU DON’T NEED TO MODIFY. YOU DON’T NEED TO DO A THING, YOU JUST NEED TO BELIEVE. THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A SINNER PROBLEM THERE’S ONLY A BELIEVER PROBLEM. YOU DON’T NEED TO BE PERFECT TO BE BLESSED, YOU CAN BE BLESSED, AND YOU CAN BE BLESSED TODAY! THE PROMISES ARE REAL, THEY ARE NOT CONDITONED, CHRIST HAS FULFILLED ALL THE CONDITIONS, THEY ARE HERE FOR YOU, TAKE AND TAKE IT NOW! Do you not know that salvation has more to offer than just being saved from hell?


The reason people would prefer the more colourful world is that you owe them the colourful gospel. The one Jesus painted on it with his blood and all its glory.


Oh hail the veil is torn today,
the one which separated God from men
Oh hail now since the glorious death,
From now my God sees me face to face.


To hell with you those,
the precious mouthpieces of God,
Which fail to declare the glorious truth in its unaltered glory.


Preachers make it hard sometimes for people to be blessed.


I heard from a missionary friend some time ago, he told of a true story. He said one day a pastor was driving his cab down the street when he picked up a gay couple. Owh I’m sorry, you didn’t get it, I mean homosexual. Male to male, anal sex. You get it now? I love doing that, it jerks all the religious minds. From the conversation the pastor learnt that they are gay, so he asked if the couple goes to church. The man replied no, he added people like they are never welcome in churches. Church despise them much and often say they will go to hell one day. The pastor turn around and said to them “You don’t go to hell because you are gay, you go to hell because you don’t know Jesus”.


It is not the sin that should come first brother, God will deal with the sin, He can change them, just as He can bless you SINNER. But first, believe in Him……


Quote of the day: I know you sin everyday, yes, you do. If sin is a wall to separate you from heaven, you will surely go to hell. There must be some other way.

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • At 4:42 PM , Blogger Orcagal said...

    hmm...im confused...dun reli get da point...God dun tempt us rite? He give us tests rite? sorry for my slow slow brain...^_^

     
  • At 2:00 AM , Blogger someone said...

    actually his point is : WHY many teenagers tend to leave church as they grow older. Because of the way the preachers preach.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home