The Daily Blog (2006-2007)

I view writing as an intellectual pursuit that requires much thoughts,patience,creativity and imagination.As an amateur writer,The Daily Blog is an account of my inspirations as I venture into uncharted waters to explore new horizons in literature.

Monday, April 09, 2007

Nuffnagees VS Advertletser (whichever rock your pants)

Malaysia is a high end competitive country, even when most of your would like to disagree with me, you can't say I'm wrong when I tell you....



When there is a Proton, a Perodua came along





And when there is a MAS, Airasia joined the club






And now, when everybody knows there is a NuffNang, the Asia's First Online Blog Advertising Community, we have a new copycat------ Advertlets! Launched almost at the same time, Advertlets serves as the second Malaysian based online advertising thing. You bet, I don't like it!


That's mainly because I being an attractive and artistic boy prefer authenticity more than ........ imitations. Watch this.....





Nuffnang- Asia's first Blog Advertising Community
(click to enlarge)





Advertlets- Asia's better blog advertising network, what the fuck?
(click to enlarge)



Seriously, you can be competing with each other, that's not a problem, but do you have to show it out in your slogan itself?


As if that's not enough, when Nuffnang has...


(clickable)


Advertlets also came up with...


(clickable)



=_=" kiasu



One thing for sure, not all bloggers in Malaysia or anywhere else can enjoy advertlets. I took my advertlets code off instantly after I found this comparison chart on the advertlets site itself.






I say this because Advertlets requires a minimum of 100 unique visitors per day per blog in order to count you in as part of their community. Honestly, I think I'm a good blogger but the average unique hits I have each day is only 50++ . So I am automatically disqualified for advertlets. Where else Nuffnang only requires 20 unique clicks per day per blog which is rather relevant. And the Minimum payout amount. Come on....


You double the required minimum payout and 5x the minimum unique visitors while still claiming to be the Better Blog Advertising Community...... Well not all bloggers can afford to join your network.


It's like me saying, I am overweight and ugly but I'm still far more attractive then Edison Chen. (am I, am I?)


One more thing, advertlets poll is ugly.




*Don't be fooled by the Rm15000 for 300 bloggers skim, the minimum cash out amount is when your account balance reaches RM200. So even if you are lucky to get that Rm50, you still have to add up the remaining Rm150 until they have to pay you. In that case, they don't have to pay you instantly and if you never add up to Rm200, you'll never get your money. They expect thousands of people to sign up and review them, get free publicity while only need to pay 300 of them Rm50 indefinitely depending to when their account balanced up to Rm200. What good marketing strategy, I'm gonna open up an internet business soon.


WHOEVER WANTS TO FEATURE IN MY BLOG, RM20 AND I'LL BLOG YOU, DEAL OR NO DEAL?



Yeah I'm cheap, don't remind me that.



*Advertlets supporters, please don't hate me, it's just blogging!

Labels:

11 Comments:

  • At 10:48 AM , Blogger zewt said...

    i have got more than 250 unique readers a day... so i guess i can register with adverlets? got my first and second nuffnang adv last week and they only paid me... 15 bucks.... cant even afford to get myself featured if with those earnings. 20 bucks pretty steep la.

     
  • At 11:48 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    try google adsense zewt, you'd get 58 cents only perhaps, hahahaha, go ahead with advertlets, don't forget me when u earn some money..

     
  • At 12:16 PM , Blogger Eli James said...

    Adsense still rocks. As does Text Link Ads and Chitika.

    That said - a good way to up your traffic would be to get featured on Digg.com's frontpage.

    Imagine ... 200 hits per second for about 48 hours.

    *salivates*

     
  • At 12:33 PM , Blogger Andrew Ho said...

    u pagan...

     
  • At 4:41 PM , Blogger R said...

    nuffnang rocks. it's definitely much better than advertlets. it's from malaysia for malaysian. support our local blogger's progress!

     
  • At 7:28 PM , Blogger J Karpenko said...

    Andrew, I guess u do have working brain (that is a compliment!! Not a sarcastic remark!!!) coz u take the time to do the comparison!!! xD

    Re the tagline tho, open competition is very normal in western countries (e.g. London and Aust) so its no biggie. In fact, i prefer open competition, its much healthier than an insinuated product label.

    Re copycat, how do u know which one comes out first ah? (i am curious, coz been without net for few days liao!!! suffer!!!)

     
  • At 8:47 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I m disqualified to partake in advertlets, whether black or white, whether right or wrong, which side do u think i'd stand with? :P hehe....

     
  • At 1:13 AM , Blogger zewt said...

    done... help me fill up the advertlets survey la...

     
  • At 12:12 PM , Blogger Horny Ang Moh said...

    I want! I want to feature in ur blog!! So do I qualified for ur RM20-00???( Rm20 big sum to me wan ).

     
  • At 1:25 PM , Blogger Andrew Ho said...

    can, just email me at thedailyblog@hotmail.com , I'll send u my account number and u'll send me your personal details.....

     
  • At 8:20 PM , Blogger treasureland said...

    Thanx 4 sharing.

    http://www.internationaljoke.com

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home