The Daily Blog (2006-2007)

I view writing as an intellectual pursuit that requires much thoughts,patience,creativity and imagination.As an amateur writer,The Daily Blog is an account of my inspirations as I venture into uncharted waters to explore new horizons in literature.

Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Killing a mocking bird - Planting an apple tree



Creativity comes with a price, usually a stupid one.



I hear from a friend that if you do it the right way, it is possible for you to get an apple seed to sprout in Kuching (Malaysia Boleh!) It need not necessarily grow into a tree, but it can sprout. To separate truth from fiction, I've decided to put this into a test. So this is my attempt to plant an apple tree on Kuching soil. (if you are scratching your head thinking what's the big deal about this, well, we don't plant apples in Kuching because the climate doesn't suits, it's like someone trying to plant Durian in Antarctica, get it?)


I'll tell you exactly how I do it, and hopefully some of you crazy people might join me.



That's what we all started from, but not necessarily how we'd end



Firstly, you'll need an apple. It's non-compromising, you'll need an apple to plant an apple tree. Some people just don't get that. After that you'll need to take the seeds out from it. For those who does not know the right way to do it, I've put on a real live illustration on youtube. Note that you must adhere to the way I do it closely so that the seeds wont be spoiled. WATCH THIS TUBE!







The outcome.....



notice my phone



Having done that, the next thing you have to do is to peel off the outer layer (dark brown skin) of the seeds. You'll also find a light brown transparent skin that sticks to the seed, peel that off too until it's pure white.







Here we go.....



Pure white





And the leftover chaffs





Following, put the seeds in a cap and let it soak with water, make sure that there is minor sunlight to ray over it. Leave it like this for a few days. The nutrients for the seeds to sprout comes from the seed itself. That's why I said earlier on , it can sprout.... I never say it'll grow into a big tree. But you've read this long thus far you might as well finish it.



leave this thing out at your compound for a few days




After a few days, you'll have to soil it now.... you can choose to lay it on the ground it's really up to you. But I'm just doing it for the fun so I dug some soil with a spoon and put it on a cup. That's it.





And my seeds will live in that thing after they finish swimming in the cap. Whether they sprout or not, it will still be their burial ground.



Perhaps just someday, in one of their dreams, this may really come true.





Just like it happens to sometimes, some of us.......











Disclaim: This post has nothing to do with Apple Inc. They never reply my emails to discuss about sponsoring me with a new apple iphone. Screw Steve Job and his apples.

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • At 5:17 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    LOL... give me a call if your seeds really sprout.

    Someday you might find a label like this on an apple:

    *Buatan Malaysia*
    Dijamin HALAL


    -Su Ee-

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home