The Daily Blog (2006-2007)

I view writing as an intellectual pursuit that requires much thoughts,patience,creativity and imagination.As an amateur writer,The Daily Blog is an account of my inspirations as I venture into uncharted waters to explore new horizons in literature.

Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Mai Gu Liu





I was eating in one of the restaurant in Kuching when I found this funny menu, have a good look on how they name their drinks.








And of course, when there're boys, the girls gotta be around somewhere.







So I placed my order and called out Mr and Miss Strawberry. Apparently Miss Strawberry is taller and slimmer.







Below onwards you have to understand hokkien in order to get the joke, in the same menu, I found a tea by the name 'Gu Liu'. And it sounds much like a crude word in Hokkien.







So when the waitress speaks hokkien, it literally sounds like this


Waitress: Lu Ai Gu Liu Teh?

Andrew: Wah Mai Gu Liu.

Andrew (Turn to my friend and ask) : Lu Ai Gu Liu Boh?

Friend: Wa Pun Mai Gu Liu.





Anyway we ordered and the tea looks like this




Labels:

7 Comments:

  • At 10:46 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Halleluiah Jesus... He loves me so much...

     
  • At 12:22 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    lolz...great naming sense ever hahahaha.....which restaurant was that?! lolx..must visit =P

     
  • At 12:53 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    it's opposite the old upwell at padungan beside jade pot call wat decastle country something, long lousy english name...

     
  • At 2:14 PM , Blogger Horny Ang Moh said...

    WHAT IS 'GU LIU' CAN EXPLAINED???

     
  • At 2:34 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I can't.

     
  • At 5:27 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    yea, we can't explain that.. come live in Kuching for a few years and you'll know what "gu liu" is.lol. Had a good laugh~! =D
    Su Ee

     
  • At 7:19 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    it's an expression to show someone is not cool with something....mai gu liu

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home