The Daily Blog (2006-2007)

I view writing as an intellectual pursuit that requires much thoughts,patience,creativity and imagination.As an amateur writer,The Daily Blog is an account of my inspirations as I venture into uncharted waters to explore new horizons in literature.

Thursday, April 26, 2007

Why Blogging? (written respectfully and boringly as prefered by good people)

5 years ago, if you were to hear the word 'blog' you'd go like 'Blog? Can I eat it?'


3 reasons to blog, for fame, for girls and for money!


As you know, I have sworn to be less superficial nowsaday and people just hate me more. Someone described my writing style as similar to a durian. Some people like it some people just don't. That's mainly because I tend to write 'irreverently' many at times and I find my sense of humour there. That is an amazing illustration and I really like it. Anyway I just want to remind you that the durian is still the king of all fruit.


It's like for some religious purposes, the Pope wears a red prada and some people just don't like it. Probably that's why they came up with the movie 'The Devil Wears Prada'.




Anyway, for this entry, I'm just going to write 'respectfully', bearing in mind that underage minors are reading my blog and I should protect them from vulgar languages and..... the truth.


I was just going to talk about why we should blog. And what does blogging benefits ourselves personally. As we all know, most bloggers are sensitive when you say things like 'nobody reads your blog', ' your blog is dead', '1 average reader per day, you are your only reader?' Well of course when it comes to these hard questions and insults, the usual and also the correct responses to these people are the stereotypical 'I don't blog to let people read, I blog for myself, it's my personal journal, an account for me to look upon, I am who I am and I don't care if people don't read'.


Now just because somethings are stereotypical does not mean that they are wrong. They can be true.


We have more than 57 million blogs worldwide, and if every blogs should have 1000 readers. We'll need 57,000 million readers. That's like 10 times the population on earth. So it's technically impossible.


And yeah, there are more reasons to blog and having more or lesser readers should not discourage anyone. Blogging is fun because no.1, I can call anyone a pig in my blog. Let's try it out:


I have a friend call Kok Wee and he is a pig. Yeah, I just said you are a pig Kok Wee, bite me.

Blogging helps people express themselves like never before. Nay, it promotes reading and writing, that's exactly what Malaysian need.


I have friends, many of them, some of them are not even living in the same city as I do. They go as far west Malaysia, out of this country, out of this continent and out of this earth. (They say women are from Venus). So the years will start rolling, like it or not, as time goes by we are bound to lose contact with some of them. But now, with blogging, it is not the same anymore.


A proud alternative for mobile phones





Who says blogging is a waste of time? We are building the culture and society. What more, when we don't get to shout in the real world, we can make all the noises in this virtue world. As loud as we want until we get sued.


............I'm suddenly out of ideas after I uploaded that picture =_="


But blogging surely has more meaning than getting yourself known or putting up some crappy advertisements like I do. Probably not for some but there will be a few that just enjoy doing what they do without further unnecessary thoughts. Being innocent is just the most beautiful gift one could possess =)

Labels:

7 Comments:

  • At 10:17 AM , Blogger ~aSstHa~ said...

    LOL...

    I think the term "one man's meat is another man's poison" will fit in very well here (i seem to hv used this phrase a couple of times already this week)

    I for one don't really have any adverts on my blog and most of the time hv a tendency to turn my blog into my online journal AND i think i average about 3 readers a day which are actually friends who hardly get to see me (due to my hectic and busy lifestyle) so my blog is a platform for them to see the going ons in my life not to mention i do not have to repeat my life stories everytime i go out with different group of friends.

    jz my personal reason for a blog (trust me there's more but i tink i'll leave it at this before i turn my comment into a mini-blog)

    take care

     
  • At 5:33 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Meat is meat, poison is poison, whoever came up with that quote, he must be a vegetarian, I like red meat =)

     
  • At 7:54 PM , Blogger Eli James said...

    Kok Wee is going to bite your head off when he comes back on holiday ...

    *insert growling pig emoticon*

     
  • At 9:04 PM , Blogger audree said...

    I agreeee!!

    Blogging doesn't mean that you need to be known!
    It's how one express him/herself!

     
  • At 12:18 PM , Blogger Horny Ang Moh said...

    This is how I express myself 'hornyly'. U wan 'hor ny' cum to my sites.

     
  • At 9:14 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    jus found ur space. like it. will be bak.

     
  • At 9:41 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    You are insinuating that pope is devil. Well, just so that you know you write with a crappy mediocre English.Like durian? I don't see why they likened you to durian. King pff. You think too highly of yourself. And I don't see why you likened urself to XX either. come on, get a grip.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home