The Daily Blog (2006-2007)

I view writing as an intellectual pursuit that requires much thoughts,patience,creativity and imagination.As an amateur writer,The Daily Blog is an account of my inspirations as I venture into uncharted waters to explore new horizons in literature.

Saturday, September 23, 2006

I'm no blogger

I’m not a blogger, I’m a writer. But then why the heck are you blogging? No one wants to publish my book mah! That’s because you are not good enough loh! Outside there got 6.5 billion more people, of course I am not good enough lah! Then you are lousy writer! Yalor, lousy writer, but still not a blogger….

You say like that you think you very ke si ah, outside got how many tons of blogger, trying to offend them all meh you? No lah, blogging is good, but that’s just not where my interest fall mah. Outside got some very professional punya blogger, very humorous and interesting one but sorry loh I’m not leh….

Blogger blog about anything under the sun mah, me not good at telling my daily life stories, I only like literature nia. Eh, you know got one certified phobia out there is call phobia of poetry you know? Yah Meh? No wonder all the gals avoid me!

I read my first novel towards the end of the year as a 12 year old. I bummed into it at a comic rental shop from which my knowledge of Doraemon came from. Before I knew it, I was addicted to Chinese novels, mainly those related to traditional martial arts, kung-fu fighting of swordsmen and flying dagger all alike written by two of the legendary authors Gu long and Jin Yong from which many of their stories were made into Cantonese dramas. Having read mostly all the novels they had written in the next two years, I learned to appreciate the minds and talents behind those writers. Or should I say every writer.

Following on, I also shifted to reading English material and felt an ardent passion to the language. In a matter of time, I totally forgotten Chinese novels and try as much to understand Shakespeare, Frost, Somerset and Hemingway. As much as I appreciated literature, I also took the initiative to make writing a past time, constantly trying to produce good literary pieces, although most of them, never were any good after all.
=)

But I wasn’t any particular; it’s just something I do that makes me happy.

I love literature as much as a rocker loves music, a painter loves art or a person being in a state of infatuation. Being able to read, cherish or write those beautiful lines compact with wisdom, thoughts and philosophy really thrills me. Shakespeare would call this experience similar to sipping good wine while Leonardo Da Vinci would call it portraying a miracle and me, I would just call it having very good sex. Which I never had. But never mind, it’s just an expression after all. My point here is……. I have no idea. Perhaps you might have but don’t pull me in…~~~

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • At 8:22 AM , Blogger j@Ve said...

    hmm, the way you state it:
    "I love literature as much as a rocker loves music, a painter loves art or a person being in a state of infatuation. Being able to read, cherish or write those beautiful lines compact with wisdom, thoughts and philosophy really thrills me. Shakespeare would call this experience similar to sipping good wine while Leonardo Da Vinci would call it portraying a miracle and me, I would just call it having very good sex."

    I couldn't have said it better myself. (I love writing and reading, too)

     
  • At 9:48 AM , Blogger Andrew Ho said...

    hahhaha, well ,thanx

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home