The Daily Blog (2006-2007)

I view writing as an intellectual pursuit that requires much thoughts,patience,creativity and imagination.As an amateur writer,The Daily Blog is an account of my inspirations as I venture into uncharted waters to explore new horizons in literature.

Thursday, June 15, 2006

The One Thing from Martin Luther King (An essay I wrote)

If you can understand the very heart of man, and know at least to care for their deepest secret, and to show a little concern to those who need, nay some tears to those who weep. Then do allow me to pay you my deepest respect. If you can look past the little faults of others and act for the greater good, aside self interest to understand, doubtless to say, you are one man very rare. Would your heart feel if I am to tell that some people somewhere in this world are dying, and if I were to tell you that you have a chance give a helping hand, given that opportunity, would you take it or would you not? Every single soul in this third rock from the sun needs somebody like you, somebody that will…
I have a dream to see a world of peace, while liberty swept over this large piece of linen land. I have a dream to see crimeless fields coated with thick snow of righteousness. I wish to see cheers and joy spring fourth over the after winter, while the sun beam over the park with little children frolicking in the playground. I have a dream to see brutality dissipate into the darkness and a gentle morn born. I have a dream…
I stood upon the rocks staring as the ocean slowly hugs the shore, asking myself, when will my dream come true?
Another day had passed away, I was still writing in my little room with that little light. Enough to brighten the room, not enough to brighten my heart. The papers today showed me more crimes, more deaths, more accidents, pains, sorrows, social injustice, widows and mothers cry, children swim in a pool of sorrows. So crude I should say “better die today than suffer tomorrow”. Hope, where are you? Another day passed away.
I was riding my bicycle down the road one day, probably the worst day of the year and hopefully of my life. I met two men with a motorcycle, robbers I should call; they stopped me of my ride, took my cell phone away, and left me behind with my bicycle. I sped home after that hitchhiking and due to the lack of skill, I overthrew myself off the bicycle, had my knee bleed and fingers wounded. Not enough? A broken brand new bicycle after two days of purchased. No wonder I wrote this article.
Do I hate the world, or the world hates me?
Six billion people, why me? Why you?
A little poetry I wrote:

A stream of river I once saw
And thought of drinking from below
To my amazement I reached the stream
To see blood was all that flowed
I wish to see this war no more
That peace may heal my sore

Yes I know how tough sometimes life can be, trust me, I know a little of what I’m saying. And I’m much astounded too by the unfathomable journey of life both you and I are going through, everyday of our life. Every second can be life changing; every decision could change the world. Yet in the darkest corner of life, I dare say “Ladies and gentlemen, I have a dream”.
I have a dream to ensure all leaves that collect at my feet are swept in by the breeze of harmony. I have a dream to see a bright future after the foggy morning had lasted. I have a dream to see the flag of my nation to be raised up high, as it reached to the sky, let it be lifted up high among this nation. So I dream to open my eyes beyond the starry night, to know the beautiful constellation that twinkles never fades, never ever fades from this blessed land, sealed with refreshing air of miracles and lasting happiness, of purity and distinct between love and lust, of dignity and pride.
The age of miracle hadn’t pass, O’ where and when would I find, the so called joy beyond compare?
It was night, late night. I was watching the nightline when all of a sudden a revelation struck me; I was enlightened to know that all news that flashed on the screen were horrendous. “Canadian boy killed, group suicide, father rape seven of his daughters and nieces later murdered them”. Whilst the pale moon was still smiling, that night, I changed my stand on death sentence. I was taught to forgive those who sin against me, at the same time hate what is evil, “two roads diverge in a yellow wood”, and I wonder sometimes which I would choose.


If you see a fifty and a hundred ringgit note down the street, which would you choose? My smart little baby cousin shouts out ‘both!’ And I, the smarter one came up with a conclusion, I’ll take both ways, forgive you yes I would, but still you have to die.
Summer kisses winter tears, I always thought this phrase was really poetic, but never knew what it truly meant, even until this day. There’s no need a perfect understanding of all things in order to love, sometimes you can love even without having so. I don’t really understand what’s with this world, many things in it I do not know, but still, I love, and wish hard enough to see it turn to be a better place someday. The bottom line is, would you dream with me?

Not that I love Caesar less, but that I love Rome more
Not that I hate facing the reality, but dreams are more lovely





Original work from Andrew Ho
Brevity clarifies, at the same time gives no room for imagination

Labels:

6 Comments:

  • At 8:05 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    yo man - stop blowin ur own trumpet - it is BLARING!! gimme a break man!!

     
  • At 10:56 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    he's blowing his own trumpet cuz he is able to blow..u cant blow yer own trumpet and u dun seem to have a trumpet..nor do u have a skill..so jz shut up..SOUR GRAPE!
    owh..tht's for tht anonymous..
    elz~

     
  • At 6:27 PM , Blogger Andrew Ho said...

    Thank you for your comment, it's good to know that someone actually hears those blares :D

     
  • At 9:40 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    being real - being yourself and not trying to be someone else you are not! The Daily Blog

     
  • At 11:42 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Mr anonymous, your comments are rubbish to Andrew. So as your irattional and inprofesional thoughts. My advice to you is that you clearly state in detail what you wishes to comment, and suggest better ways to improvise and to edify. Not to destruct. Other than that, just leave. We are here to be friendly, not to bring shame to our faces.

    Mr.Justice

     
  • At 11:22 AM , Blogger Andrew Ho said...

    Dear anonymous friend,I am very sorry if my blog that I published in the blogger free of charge do you any harm. I will take your advice and be who I am, which is exactly the same man you see and read in this blog.I am a person who joke a lot,so if my jokes in this blog doesn't suit you, kindly ignore them.God bless you richly.

    P/S:Please leave your name down for so that I may know who you are. There is no need to be shy in expressing ourselves

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home