The Daily Blog (2006-2007)

I view writing as an intellectual pursuit that requires much thoughts,patience,creativity and imagination.As an amateur writer,The Daily Blog is an account of my inspirations as I venture into uncharted waters to explore new horizons in literature.

Friday, May 12, 2006

Slander, Gossip or Prayer Request?

Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to the daily blog. I hope everyone of you are spiritual today because what I am about to say is very spiritual, as usual-yeah right... ... As previewed underneath my article today is a picture that states "Annual Gossip Convention 2006". This idea is totally my idea, my thoughts and my copyright. But it is important for artist like me to remember where and how did I get those ideas, thoughts and inspirations from. I'll tell you where I got it from, I got it from you. Nah nah nah nah, don't look to the left, I'm talking about you. Let's face reality ladies and gentlemen, I live everyday life, walking here and there, listening to both young and old, teenagers, adults and many of my age, both men and women, and I know, I know what they do best in the office, I know what pupil do best in the classroom, I know how this social chain quote and quote do best and I know what I do best down the coffee shop that sell me coffee for Rm1 (used to be 80 cents leh). If I were to open such a convention in the city today, almost 50 percent of the citizen would sign up, or to be even more accurate, 50 percent would like to sign up but do not have the courage to. Why would people want to know about this convention? Because that is what people do best, and they enjoy doing it, and many of us including myself, do not even realise that we spent many hours to sit down and gossip. Don't believe me? Ask yourself, when was the last time, you criticised somebody by name, pre-judge them and make it a private conversation. And some would love to joke and say, no no no no, it's not gossiping dude, it's prayer request.” I’ll give you five seconds to laugh over it now. Thought number 2, many would not have courage to do so, why, because ladies and gentlemen, we are too dignified. And behind this dignified face that we have, is a shameful heart, and behind this shameful heart lies a haunting conscience, and behind this haunting conscience is a false nobility. In simple English, we are hypocrites. I am one, so are you. And don't you dare tell me otherwise. Because all 6 billion people here live in one world. It is time ladies and gentlemen, for us to realise the mistake that we made and the well we dug for our own suicide. It is time, for us to see what is in us before we try to tell other people what is in their's. It is time for you to take one moment of your life to split between your pride and wisdom, leave the first mentioned, take the other one and question yourself, am I saying the right thing? Are my words making any sense to you? If not, click the 'x' icon above and leave, if yes, it make sense, then let this article be a reminder to you the next time you sit down and buy that one ringgit coffee again. Ladies and gentlemen, this is the daily blog.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home