The Daily Blog (2006-2007)

I view writing as an intellectual pursuit that requires much thoughts,patience,creativity and imagination.As an amateur writer,The Daily Blog is an account of my inspirations as I venture into uncharted waters to explore new horizons in literature.

Thursday, June 08, 2006

How we speak and why others can't take it

Speaking is a very complicated matter for me. Thus I always refer it as an art. This I speak neither about platform presentation skill nor public speaking techniques. I am talking about plain everyday verbal communication. The things we say to our friends, family and everyone around us. With this I have a very bad struggle. I very much like to be with people that are very smart in thoughts, deeds, and language. For my patience is low and my demand is high. Though as understanding as I may try to be, it is a pain in the ass to work with me. And my guess is I am not the only one out here. Many of you might just be like me. If not even worse, good morning, welcome to the Daily Blog. And sometimes ladies and gentlemen, I wonder why people cannot take, accept, receive or tolerate how we speak sometimes. Quoting from Shakespeare, "it’s not what you say; it's how you say it". Personally from my view, I suggest that the 'how' word here includes 2 aspects. And you help judge how true I am with it. One of the 'how' here would be the most understood meaning, which is our tone. It refers to the intonation of how we pronounce things. Either loud and rude, or gentle and timid, pleadingly, urgently, commandingly, professionally, bullshitingly? And a very simple tone of our projected voice can reveal a very large part of our character and message. The second meaning of the 'how', I would say it is how we line up our sentence and how we use words to express ourselves. Consider your friend asking you "Do you need my help in completing your assignment". You can either choose to say "No, I am fine" or "If I need your help, I'll ask you, If not then I don't need it"....................see the difference? And this is my session with you on how we speak and why people can't take it. I have very little knowledge concerning sentence structuring to improve conversation, but there are books, and people out there that actually make a living by teaching people how to 'speak properly'. It might just interest you what is the best way to reply me next time when I ask "you like reading my blog"?That's all from me; here is it your moment is in.

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • At 8:47 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    makes sense.now i recall the tyms of how my mum toks to me.wich i hate.hahah..anyway another meaningful post u've got here..keep up the gud work!hhee..
    |ynnie~

     
  • At 9:26 PM , Blogger Andrew Ho said...

    Thankx lynnie

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home