The Daily Blog (2006-2007)

I view writing as an intellectual pursuit that requires much thoughts,patience,creativity and imagination.As an amateur writer,The Daily Blog is an account of my inspirations as I venture into uncharted waters to explore new horizons in literature.

Saturday, September 30, 2006

Kicking On One String!

"You don't win silver, you lose gold". That was a quote that Nike came up as their product slogan in the 1970s. Soon after that, Nike was fired by several lawsuits from some ex-Olympic silver and bronze winners. If some of you still quite haven get the quote, it simply means

You are a……



So no one told you that life was gonna be this way


The last time I told a girl that I liked her, she ruffled my hair back in return while replying “you’re so cute and funny” later quickly turned away and disappeared without a trace. Now how many boys out there will do me justice, well girl! I didn’t ask you whether I was cute, I have a mirror at home and I knew very well that I’m a hottie even with a 35 inch waist! Being 17 is so much fun I don’t mind living it again.

And being a loser, don’t really have to be that bad if you would only learn the fact that in life------ there never was any winner. Biblically I’ll tell you that “all have sinned and have fallen short of the glory of God”. But if you’re an unbeliever that doesn’t care, well screw you, if you’re such a winner you wouldn’t be spending time reading my blog and leave me dirty comments. Gentlemen, we are engraved in a society today where such is the mentality of men that if you achieve, you live, and when you don’t, you die. In because of that, we are jeopardized by competitions, petrified to fail. We made ourselves very miserable people, we with our so called progression of civilisation has made our generation a bunch of paranoid freak that would practice bungy jumping off the building without safety robe just because they encounter failures.
(If you’re scratching your head wondering what that means, it means committing suicide lah)
Folks, does it have to be that hard?

No it doesn’t. A violinist was having a concert along with his orchestra once. And while about to play one his music pieces, one of his violin string broke. With 3 strings left, he continued playing only to find a while later, another string broke. And before he knew it, and before he could think, his third string broke again. The orchestra stopped. The audience were shocked, but that damn cool violinist, lifted his heavy legs marched forward to the microphone and said “This is me, this is my music, and I will play with one string.” Upon that, he finished his piece of music playing on with one string……

In life gentlemen, our strings might not always be there. Sometimes they are loosen, sometimes they are broken, but if you would take away the loser mentality, the scared stiff of failures mindset, the perception that no man gets to the end of the day if he meets tough times.


You can be a....




Therefore my Brethren, let’s us together learn how to kick ass even when there’s only one string left on our broken violins.

As the end of the year is cruising our way, I wish you all a fruitful year. This I say to my peers that is going through exams as I myself is and to those that have your own life to live. I will try to update my blog if time allows but be sure to have a short period of hiatus. With that God bless you all richly.

Labels:

7 Comments:

  • At 5:50 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Well...nice blog...wish you can score in your exam as well...keep on writing ya...you are a good writer..hope can see you in the newspaper some day...

    From,
    FoOk

     
  • At 5:57 PM , Blogger Andrew Ho said...

    they say working in newspress cannot earn big money wor, hahahx, thnx anyway....

     
  • At 6:08 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    well, nevermind, when you do what you like, money will follow, haha



    From,
    FoOk

     
  • At 6:46 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Hey, this is damm cool... proud to have a brother like you who can write damm hilarious article.. you can take stephen chow's place... Joseph

     
  • At 7:17 PM , Blogger Orange said...

    Nice post!! SO cooL!!

     
  • At 7:55 PM , Blogger sarahshin said...

    This comment has been removed by the author.

     
  • At 8:13 PM , Blogger Andrew Ho said...

    hey sarah, thanx for droppin by, I went to ur blog but seems like there isn't link for me to leave comments!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home